Calling all die hard fans of Harry Potter! This Saturday everyone's favorite wizard turns 41! He was just a mere 11 years old when J.K. Rowling introduced us to this beloved character in the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
Looking to have fun and celebrate with the entire family? I've got you covered with five ideas!
- Summer Reading- Check to see if Harry made your kid's summer book list for school. There's a good chance the series is an option and with seven books you have a fun read with little to no arguments from your child(ren) this summer. Now that's a win-win!
- Costume Party- With SO many characters, there are tons of options to choose from and dress as your favorite. This is a great idea for families that love to dress together in a themed way. You could use this to get ahead for Halloween or hit up a local event. Looking for a local event? See #3.
- Local Library Celebrations- One night offers two options. Check out Patterson Library and Putnam Valley Library both happening on Friday, July 30th.
- Host A Quidditch Tournament- Say what? Yes, this is a sport for us muggles and has been for over 10 years! Find out how more at US Quidditch.
- Movie Marathon- While there are seven books, Hollywood dreamed up and produced eight films. Pace yourself and watch one a night for a whole week of fun!